Contract duration: 6 Months
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Accounting Services and Controller, this position will support the delivery of accounting related duties, including data entry for the processing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly transactions and other general accounting assistance.
Part-time work schedule may accommodate a 3-4 day work week.
- Data entry and support for the processing of accounts receivable receipts.
- Data entry and support for the processing of accounts payable receipts.
- Data entry and support for the processing of various monthly transactions.
- Perform other related Finance duties as assigned.
- Education in Accounting, Finance and or Business Administration related program or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of related experience in accounting or similar office environment.
- Demonstrated experience with computer software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work courteously with colleagues within Finance and the broader organization.
- Excellent ability to follow written and verbal directions and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to focus in an office environment with frequent interruptions and prioritize work, so duties are completed in a timely manner.
- A demonstrated interest in environmental sustainability, regional biodiversity and/or related areas.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-228-19 prior to midnight on August 25, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver's abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.