Contract Duration: 7 months
Under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, R&I Finance Services, the Administrative Assistant, Budget, Engineering Projects position is responsible for providing administrative support of a financial nature to the Engineering Projects and Restoration Projects team by primarily, but not limited to, processing timesheets, creating requisition orders, purchase orders and keeping various financial systems up to date. Overall this position plays an integral role in the ability of the Engineering Projects and Restoration Projects team to manage its capital project costs effectively by providing accurate and up-to-date information regarding project expenditures from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Process all timesheets and follow up with staff for any missing information.
- Create requisition orders and purchase orders in a timely manner to avoid any disruption to site for material and equipment deliveries.
- Complete employee expense claims for field staff.
- Create cheque requisitions for all general expenses.
- Enter Construction daily works reports into a cost control database.
- Provide support on financial reporting by running and creating reports.
- Organize daily work reports, ensuring appropriate sign off and double checking that all information entered is correct.
- Create consulting files and store back up documentation necessary for accurate processing of payment.
- Perform various other administrative tasks such as answering the phone, filing documents, photocopying, delivering mail to other offices, etc.
- Minimum one (1) year College Certificate in Office Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in performing office administration support.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and/or peak period workloads.
- Computer literate with excellent word processing, spreadsheet and presentation skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-144-19 prior to midnight on April 28, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.