Under the direction of the Senior Supervisor, HR and Employee Relations the Administrative Assistant, HR is responsible for providing support to the Human Resources Department. Specifically, this position provides confidential administrative support in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, talent management, data and records management, employee personnel files, job evaluation and health and safety. In addition, this position provides excellent customer service to internal and external contacts.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years' College Diploma in Office Administration or Business.
- Post-secondary degree and a Human Resources Management Certificate or Bachelor of Human Resources an asset.
- 2 years' of experience in performing office administration support.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated ability to interact effectively and courteously with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment when handling confidential, sensitive and/or controversial information.
- Knowledge in HRIS programs an asset.
- Assist with the collection of interview files and arrange for filing within the guidelines of the HR retention schedule.
- Arrange for and complete staff photo ID’s and Security Chubb access cards.
- Sign up new and returning staff for applicable on-line training modules; Staff Hub and Safety 24-7; complete audit with respect to completion compliance of these modules.
- Create and maintain staff profiles on the Staff Hub.
- Create and maintain various documents to support information tracking for the HR Team as well as confidential records maintenance.
- Supports training initiatives such as room booking and set up, ordering of refreshments, photocopying of materials, enrollment/registration and other related support tasks for all HR team members.
- Prepares invoicing and payment of invoices, VISA billing; interact with staff to ensure related deadlines are met and information is received on behalf of the team.
- Respond to HR related questions from all employees and the general public in a timely manner maintaining a high level of confidentiality and customer service.
- Provide administrative support on HR related projects.
- Provide reception relief as required.
- Prepare letter of offers and hiring packages for new hires and rehires.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.