SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Reporting directly to one or more Senior Managers in the Watershed Strategies Division, this position is responsible for administrative duties for multiple teams. This position may also represent TRCA through administration and coordination of hosted secretariats and program–specific governance committees such as watershed/waterfront citizen councils, Remedial Action Plan and waterfront groups. The position supports the Senior Manager(s) with the administrative coordination of activities such as organizing internal and external meetings, communications on behalf of senior staff, management of information and preparing research materials as required. Other responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; and customer relations. This position may also be responsible to support corporate functions such as front desk administration as well supporting the senior manager with municipal corporate budget process as needed.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience related to major tasks;
- 2 years or more of post-secondary education in Environmental Science, planning, business;
- Budget, financial or statistical experience with attention to detail;
- Team player with experience with working within multiple objectives;
- Computer literacy in Database or spreadsheet applications and some technical software expertise in AutoCad or ArcView;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Valid driver's license;
- Excellent customer service skills for internal and external clients; and
- Ability to work non-scheduled hours when needed.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Organize meetings with internal and external groups including technical advisory committees, workshops and other project related committees on behalf of the management team. Prepare agendas, organize timetables, issue minutes, record meeting issues and decisions and maintain mailing lists and distribution vehicles.
- Support the Senior Manager and team with up to date files, records and financial reports for specific projects. Update databases for other groups to access including project status and budgetary reporting / monitoring. Produce mapping or other technical analysis products.
- Attend meetings including evening and weekend sessions to assist in arranging logistics, recording of information and be a resource person for meeting attendees.
- Prepare and format correspondence, memos and reports of a general and technical nature. Research environmental issues and concerns via several modes of inquiry including reports, web, personal interviews, literature searches and other vehicles and summarize information for use by the management team.
- Interact with internal and external clients and answer inquiries, follow up on invoicing and deal effectively with client service issues.
- Interact with stakeholders when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to WS Leadership Team when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Organize special events as required by the manager which includes creating and distributing invitations, advertising events through group distribution lists, booking facilities, catering and maintenance arrangements, verifying facility contracts and, if necessary, preparing invoices for payment
- Prepare timesheets, invoicing / payment of invoices and VISA billing. Interact with other support staff to ensure deadlines are met and information received on behalf of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.