Under the general guidance and direction of the Senior Engineer, Capital Projects, the Analyst, Capital Projects is responsible for the planning, and implementation of capital projects with focus on water resources engineering, specific to the study of hydrology and hydraulic modeling, floodplain management, flood mitigation, and channel and bank erosion restoration. In addition to project management duties, this position will be responsible for the maintenance of TRCA’s watershed hydrology modeling platforms, and the Authorities flood forecasting and warning systems. Additionally, this position will act as a flood duty officer as part of TRCA’s Flood Warning and Forecasting System, and will provide engineering support to external clients and municipal partners for various engineering studies.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 year College diploma in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, water resources or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering practice related to major tasks.
- Have the ability to obtain P.Eng, LET, CET, or C.Tech designations.
- Possess P.Eng, LET, CET or C.Tech designation an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and lead projects and studies.
- Proven ability to review technical information, and disseminate to Senior Staff, TRCA’s municipal partners, external consultants and the general public.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and GIS/CAD (ARC GIS, AutoCAD, Microstation) programs.
- Proven ability to provide sound engineering advice and solutions to solve various water resource engineering technical issues.
- Knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic computer models.
- Knowledge of legislation, policies, procedures and practices relevant to land use planning, environmental assessment act (provincial, CA, and federal), and water management.
- Strong project management, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and direct junior staff and make decisions in accordance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing.
- Develops and implements workplans and project schedules for various capital projects.
- Provides project management and technical support to external consultants retained to complete capital projects.
- Develops Terms of References and initiates and completes TRCA’s procurement process and retains external consultants.
- Schedules site visits, meetings, open houses, and public meetings, as required per project workplan.
- Completes QA/QC reviews of work submitted by external consultants in support of capital projects to ensure compliance with TRCA and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) standards and guidelines.
- Provides engineering support to Infrastructure and Restoration Department for the design and implementation of channel, erosion control restoration projects, as well as trail projects and water crossing sizing.
- Completes review of stormwater management plans and environmental assessments as required by Engineering Services Water Resources Group.
- Provides engineering support to the Flood Instructure and Hydrometrics group for the implementation of flood infrastructure assessments and stream gauge location assessments.
- Provides support to the Senior Project Manager, and Project Engineer for the development of TRCA specific engineering guideline documents and standards.
- Represent the Authority’s interest as a member of internal/external committees, at public meetings and open houses, and in the review of external agency documents.
- Prepares communications and reports to senior staff, Authority Board, external clients, and TRCA’s municipal partners and relays results and recommendations from capital projects.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.