SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Secretariat and the Supervisor, Records Management, this individual will support the records team in daily maintenance of physical and electronic records. Also assist with the upkeep of the records department and central filing area.
- Post-Secondary or professional education in Records Management (RM);
- Competent with Windows 7, Microsoft Office suite of products, Lotus Notes and Adobe products;
- Knowledge of industry and professional records and information standards (i.e. ISO 15489) is an asset;
- Excellent customer service, communication, analytical, research, presentation and organization skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Be able to lift 40lbs, use a step ladder to pull and reshelf files with no issues.
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Has experience with scanning paper records;
- Has experience with Laserfiche; and
- Has experience with assisting in processing FOI requests.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Providing RM support with physical and electronic records.
- Drafting business process documentation and quick reference guides.
- Understanding and assisting with change management with technology and business process.
- Applying Records Management methodology in preparing and packing records for off-site storage.
- Working with the FOI coordinator on fulfilling freedom of information requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the senior manager and/or the supervisor.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.