Under the general guidance and direction of the Senior Water Resources Engineer, the Analyst, Water Resources Engineering is responsible for the review and commenting on development and infrastructure works applications associated with the Planning Act, the Environmental Assessment Act (EA) and applications pursuant to the Conservation Authorities Act, Ontario Regulation 166/06 (O. Reg. 166/06) with focus on water resources engineering.
- 2 Positions Available
- 1 year contract position
- 1 Full-Time position
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum completion of post-secondary education in an engineering field, including 3 year College diploma in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, water resources or related discipline.
- Have the ability to obtain P.Eng, LET, CET, or C.Tech designations.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in engineering practice related to major tasks.
- Design or review of engineering designs related to development and infrastructure engineering, including best management practices and erosion and sediment control drawings.
- Project experience applying knowledge of hydrologic modelling, hydraulic modelling, and floodplain mapping exercises.
- Proven ability to review and synthesize technical information, and disseminate to Senior Staff, TRCA’s municipal partners, external consultants and the general public.
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of 2-dimensional modelling uses and limitations.
- Knowledge of legislation, policies, procedures and practices relevant to land use planning, environmental assessment act (provincial, CA, and federal), and water management.
- Strong technical written and oral communications with professionals within the field.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the general public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
- Project Management experience, including leading a multidisciplinary team an asset.
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License in good standing.
- Engineering review of development applications including flood plain, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, fluvial geomorphologic and public sector infrastructure studies/reports submitted through the development planning process to ensure compliance with the Authority’s policies, goals and objectives.
- Provide technical expertise in the review and management of the Authority’s watershed hydrologic and hydraulic models. Maintain/update the watershed hydrology and hydraulic models and water management related databases.
- Provide technical expertise related to the Authority’s flood plain mapping program. Undertake the development of digital flood plain mapping/hydraulic models as required.
- Aid in the design of watercourse and wetland restoration projects by providing technical expertise related to water resources.
- Supervise and direct contract staff, volunteers and external consultants in the undertaking of TRCA Water Management Initiatives and studies.
- Prepare terms of reference, communications and reports to senior staff and Authority Boards as required.
- Provide technical expertise in the preparation and implementation of watershed, subwatershed and/or water related projects.
- Represent the Authority’s interest as a member of internal/external communities, at meetings, in the review of external agency documents.
- Act as a Flood Duty Officer within the Flood Warning System on a rotational basis.
- Oversee the response to information requests in support of development planning and EA planning applications by the Technologist, Water Resources Engineering.
- Provide computer modelling and engineering design support to Senior Engineer and Engineer in preparation of internal communications and reports to senior staff, Authority Board, external clients, and TRCA’s municipal partners and relays results and recommendations from capital projects.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic computer modelling, in an effort to establish solid technical foundation of knowledge.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.