Summary of Function:
We are looking for interested and enthusiastic volunteers to help make the Bike the Creek event run smoothly by providing assistance and customer service to both staff and the public during the event. Perform general tasks such as greeting participants and answering questions related to the event, crowd control, retail assistance, cleaning, setup and take down, etc. as assigned. The event takes place on Saturday, June 23, 2018. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 6 hours.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Interest in outdoors and environmental programs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with community events.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
Examples of Roles:
- Assist with the set up and take down of event supplies and equipment.
- Check in participants at registration tent.
- Direct participants along the route.
- Greet participants in a friendly matter and assist with event flow of traffic.