Start Date: April 1, 2018
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station Field Assistant (Census) completes the daily bird census in the study area on Peninsula D at Tommy Thompson Park. The volunteer works independently for an hour, one hour after dawn, recording the number of individuals of each land bird species identified by sight and/or sound at each pre-determined stop along the census route. Census is completed daily, regardless of weather conditions from April 1 to June 9, and from August 5 to November 12. Census volunteers are responsible for recording all observations in the census log after completion.
- Excellent visual and auditory bird identification skills are required for birds of Eastern North America.
- Able to commit to a weekly schedule for the migration season.
- Available 1-2 weekday mornings.
- A 2-year commitment is requested.
- Require the use of a personal vehicle as the census site is located 1.5 km from the park entrance.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Conduct census survey according to the station protocol.
- Input census data into the TTPBRS daily log.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
Do you have excellent visual and audible bird identification skills?
Can you commit to 1-2 weekday mornings during migration periods?
*Applicants should indicate a start date and availability in their cover letter*
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
By: Sunday March 18th, 2018