SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
This year, the Humber River celebrates 20 years as a Canadian Heritage River, and this event will celebrate and empower youth to help protect the River, local nature, and wildlife for future generations. TRCA will be hosting a Kids’ Run for Nature at Claireville Conservation Area in collaboration with World Wildlife Fund Canada to celebrate wildlife and the natural heritage and recreational value of the Humber River watershed. The fun run is a 1 kilometre, 3 kilometre, and 5 kilometre trail run giving kids the chance to get active in nature and raise funds for the WWF Canada and TRCA.
We are looking for interested and enthusiastic volunteers to help make this event run smoothly by providing assistance and customer service to both staff and the public during the event. General tasks may include greeting participants, offering directions and answering questions related to the event, helping along the run course to ensure participants follow the course, acting as a pacer, and any logistical assistance as needed. The event takes place on Saturday, June 15 from 7:30 am – 11:30 am. For more information about the event see: https://trca.ca/event/kids-run-nature-brampton/?instance_id=4439
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interest in outdoors and environmental programs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with community events.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
EXAMPLES OF ROLES:
- Assist with the set up and take down of event supplies and equipment.
- Greet participants in a friendly matter and assist with event flow of traffic.
- Provide assistance along the course to direct participants.
- Pacers – to lead the groups in the 1 km, 3km, and 5km race.
- Provide assistance at the snack and water tables.
For more information or to apply, please send an email to email@example.com with a blurb about yourself and a summary of your past work/volunteer experience.