Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer and serving as a valued member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for enabling TRCA to deliver on its mandate with robust and innovative technology. The CIO will be a strategic leader who will oversee and promote continuous improvement of Information Technology Management governance and policy processes in order to align Information Technology with the organization’s business needs and priorities.
The successful candidate will provide: (1) Oversight of all organizational technological and change initiatives, including the development of vital business applications; (2) Strategic direction on IT/GIS, infrastructure and records/information management; (3) Leadership regarding IT security and compliance initiatives and develop policies and governance models; (4) Support to TRCA’s divisions, in order to enable business units to meet their objectives; (5) Direction to stakeholders, vendors, municipal partners, etc. to find efficiencies through partnerships.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree in computer science and/or applied information technology.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field an asset.
- 10 years of progressive IT experience related to the major tasks, including 3 years in a management role.
- Sound knowledge of technology trends and developments specifically in the areas of data communications, business applications and systems integration.
- Solid knowledge of information systems development life cycle, covering feasibility analysis, design, specifications, programming, unit and user testing, documentation and implementation phases.
- Sound knowledge in technology trends and developments specifically in the areas of e-Commerce website development and supply chain management systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot office systems problems which tend to be complex and unique. Ultimately responsible for resolving the problem and developing the policy from the solution.
- Advanced knowledge of information technology solutions including: Geographic Information Systems, Relational Database Management Systems, application development environments.
- Advanced knowledge of information system strategies, records management, network architectures, hardware infrastructure, data management and delivery applications, information security and data safeguards, telecommunication concepts, business connectivity solutions, disaster recovery and business continuity technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialized software applications, development tools and other technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a large staff team including; performance and project management, budget control, conflict resolution in a fast paced environment ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Ability to manage, track and maintain related budget and financial requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships, collaborative projects and business relationships with all levels of government, private industry and internal staff divisions.
- Expert knowledge of ESRI GIS software suite, Global Positioning Systems, Total Station Surveying Systems, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetery, Digital Orthophotography, 3D Terrain Modelling, MS Office, IBM Notes, MS SQL, Windows Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with IP network environments, data centres, virtualization technologies, VOIP telecommunications, disaster recovery.
- Experience transitioning databases from IBM Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 is an asset.
- Experience with Laserfiche and Agresso Business World is an asset.
- Provide direction, leadership and management and general supervision to Information Technology, Information Management and Records Management staff teams; GIS/CAD, IT and Database Development/Management.
- Establish and administer hardware and software maintenance programs.
- Develop and maintain manual and computer system procedures.
- Develop and maintain an information systems infrastructure which will provide a highly flexible, stable and efficient platform for future growth and automation.
- Design systems of information storage to protect the confidentiality of all information.
- Develop long range IT plans and budget required to support the company’s strategic direction.
- Direct the evaluation, selection, acquisition and implementation and maintenance of new computer & communications technology and information systems.
- Develop, implement, maintain and administer the corporate computer disaster recovery plan.
- Recommend new technical solution or directions to meet corporate goals and strategic initiatives, within the $2M+ business unit budget.
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated Geomatics program, Office Systems and Information Technology service program that supports and enhances the achievement of TRCA strategic goals.
- Work with technical staff and other TRCA stakeholders to resolve issues of concern or gaps in service.
- Lead cross portfolio, business unit teams including Digital and Data Technology Collaboration Committee to define TRCA IT needs and opportunities, ensuring effective investments.
- Responsible, through policy development and systems implementation for information/data security, system safeguards, quality assurance, as it relates to digital data, digital and analogue mapping data, images, scientific and business databases.
- Work with staff to evaluate current system infrastructure to identify points of failure in system redundancy, security and continuity.
- Develop effective partnerships and business relationships with all levels of government, agencies, private industry and others with respect to IT, Data sharing, Application Development and innovative solutions to meet corporate goals and business needs.
- Manage effectively vendor/client relationships as they relate to Information Technology for the Authority.Preparation of RFP's, Terms of Reference, evaluation of submissions and vendor selection.
- Provide systems and services to support the short and long term direction of the company, and ensure current applications deliver a high level of service to systems users.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security measures are met and maintained for all systems.
- Work with various departments to identify opportunities, develop and implement information systems solutions.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.