SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Working in an outdoor setting, the Summer Camp Volunteer will help in the delivery of our Summer Nature Day Camps at the Claremont Field Centre in Pickering (4290 Westney Road, Pickering, ON). Our camps run for children ages 5 to 12, and activities such as nature hikes, outdoor games, and arts and crafts! Duties of the Summer Camp Volunteer including preparing and organizing materials, helping campers that need support with crafts and games, and setting-up and cleaning up after programs. These tasks may vary depending on the applicant’s interests and strengths. Camps run from July 10th to September 1st 2017 from Monday- Friday (9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 14 years old.
- Able to commit to volunteering one week in the summer.
- Interest in the outdoors and environmental programs.
- Interest in working with children.
- Reliable source of transportation to and from Claremont Field Centre.
- If older than 18 years, a valid vulnerable sector screening is required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Accompany a camp group and help participants (and group leader!) with daily activities.
- Help maintain fires and build shelters.
- Promote a positive attitude in regards to nature, and being outdoors.
- Assemble/prepare materials for camp programming.
- Daily Cleanup.
- Enthusiastically participate in games and adventures.
Please note: volunteers less than 18 years of age require parental or guardian consent to participate in this program.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you are available, and a little about your past work/volunteer experience for more information.