Under the direction of the Assistant Supervisor, Operations, this position will carry out daily cleaning and maintenance of the Kortright Centre grounds, visitor centre and peripheral buildings on the property. The Cleaner, Service and Support staff will perform a wide variety of project based cleaning and maintenance activities. This position will perform year-round grounds maintenance on a regular basis including snow and ice removal, as well as trail, lawn and tree maintenance. Additional tasks include setting up and putting away chairs, tables, displays, education props and other equipment for corporate functions, educational programs, weddings and social events before, during and after events. The Cleaner, Service and Support staff will work closely with the lead hand and crew leader supporting all of the day to day operations functions as well as during special events and festivals while providing excellent customer and client service.
Shifts include regular weekdays and weekends, occasional evenings and holidays as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- 3 years’ experience in cleaning and general housekeeping in a commercial or Institutional setting.
- Experience in set-up and tear down of events, functions and festivals.
- Smart Serve Certification required prior to starting the position.
- Highly organized with superior ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to lift and carry objects that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Ontario driver's license required.
- Perform daily cleaning duties of all facilities in Kortright Visitor Centre as well as other buildings on the property as required.
- Provide support for weddings, events and festivals before, during and after events as necessary.
- Carry out any cleaning necessary during functions including garbage pick-up, washroom cleaning, floor washing and any other cleaning required throughout events.
- Ability to work independently and follow written/ verbal direction with minimal supervision.
- Perform general grounds and winter maintenance as required.
- Operate vehicles and small equipment (gas powered equipment, electric power tools, trucks, RTV).
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.