Contract Duration: 6.5 months (Starting Mid April 2021)
Number of Vacancies: 2 positions
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Bathurst Glen Golf Course, and under the daily direction of the Clubhouse Supervisor, the Clubhouse Coordinator will assist in supervising pro shop and clubhouse staff and coordinate the daily operations of the pro shop/clubhouse. The incumbent will also be responsible for overseeing pro shop operations in the Supervisor’s absence or other staff absences.
- Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and guests.
- Assist with the on-site supervision of Clubhouse staff.
- Assist with sales, training and sales development.
- Responsible for completing any required daily reports.
- Coordinate pro shop/clubhouse operations, including scheduling work assignments, merchandise sales and inventory and equipment rental.
- Respond to customer inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
- Assist Clubhouse Supervisor in pricing merchandise and inventory.
- Serve as liaison to various golf associations, leagues, tournaments, teams, and assist in coordinating events and activities at the golf course.
- Respond to public inquiries regarding golf lessons, rules, etiquette and tournaments.
- Open and close Clubhouse operations.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent education an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years golf operations experience in a pro shop golf environment.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Food Handler Certification or ability to obtain an asset.
- Valid First aid CPR certification an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Extremely well organized.
- Ability to work independently and as team.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Sales skills.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting TRCA-046-21 prior to midnight on March 11, 2021.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.