Contract Duration: 8 months- Starting in April 2021
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Bathurst Glen Golf Course, the Clubhouse Supervisor will provide support in overseeing daily golf business operations and staff. The Clubhouse Supervisor plays an integral role in ensuring that guests are provided with an exceptional overall customer experience. A responsibility of this position will be to source, propose and implement revenue generating innovations and coordinate expenses, providing frequent communication and operational updates to management at Bathurst Glen Golf Course.
Additionally, the Clubhouse Supervisor will provide support in ensuring that staff are properly trained and knowledgeable in the areas of health and safety, customer services, sales, and business operations.
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide support in overseeing the management of daily golf business operations.
- Ensure TRCA Policies and Procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Lead by example, implement and ensure compliance with the health and safety program.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the comprehensive customer service and sales training for employees.
- Communicate effectively and provide frequent updates on operations to the Supervisor.
- Schedule assigned employees and provide on-site supervision.
- Ensure accurate daily sales and banking as well as processing of invoices for payment approvals.
- Manage daily and special event operations.
- Ensure documentation of all activities including but not limited to: safety and training, daily sales and banking, employee and visitor reports, general occurrence reports, rental agreements, event contracts, etc.
- Follow and provide input for the development of operational and business plans and provide various reports as required.
- Propose innovations for revenue generation and implement in timely fashion once approved.
- Undertake the procurement of supplies and materials related to tasks.
- All other tasks as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum three (3) years of golf operations experience in a golf pro shop environment
- On-site supervisory experience a strong asset.
- Diploma or certificate in golf management a strong asset.
- Valid First Aid CPR certification or ability to obtain.
- Smart Serve certification or ability to obtain.
- Food handler’s certification or ability to obtain.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong sales skills.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting TRCA-045-21 prior to midnight on March 11, 2021.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.