Contract Duration: March – November, 2020 (8 months)
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Bathurst Glen Golf Course, the Clubhouse Supervisor will provide support in overseeing daily golf business operations and staff. The Clubhouse Supervisor plays an integral role in ensuring that guests are provided with an exceptional overall customer experience. A responsibility of this position will be to source, propose and implement revenue generating innovations and coordinate expenses, providing frequent communication and operational updates to management at Bathurst Glen Golf Course.
Additionally, the Clubhouse Supervisor will provide support in ensuring that staff are properly trained and knowledgeable in the areas of health and safety, customer services, sales, and business operations.
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide support in overseeing the management of daily golf business operations.
- Ensure TRCA Policies and Procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Lead by example, implement and ensure compliance with the health and safety program.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the comprehensive customer service and sales training for employees.
- Communicate effectively and provide frequent updates on operations to the Supervisor.
- Schedule assigned employees and provide on-site supervision.
- Ensure accurate daily sales and banking as well as processing of invoices for payment approvals.
- Manage daily and special event operations.
- Ensure documentation of all activities including but not limited to: safety and training, daily sales and banking, employee and visitor reports, general occurrence reports, rental agreements, event contracts, etc.
- Follow and provide input for the development of operational and business plans and provide various reports as required.
- Propose innovations for revenue generation and implement in timely fashion once approved.
- Undertake the procurement of supplies and materials related to tasks.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of golf operations experience in a golf pro shop environment
- On-site supervisory experience a strong asset.
- Diploma or certificate in golf management a strong asset.
- Valid First Aid CPR certification or ability to obtain.
- Smart Serve certification or ability to obtain.
- Food handler’s certification or ability to obtain.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong sales skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-264-19 prior to midnight on December 13, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.