SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Attend outdoor environmental community events on weekends (and select weekdays, based on your availability) during the months of March – June 2018. At these events assist with capturing images, ensuring participants have completed appropriate paperwork, organizing images electronically and assisting with data entry. Data entry can be completed either remotely or at our head office (101 Exchange Ave, Vaughan, Ontario). Successful candidates must attend a volunteer training session and commit to volunteer at 4 events during this events season. Events are located throughout the GTA and across the TRCA’s jurisdiction.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Black Creek Pioneer Village, 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Enjoy communicating with others;
- Experience/education in photography (you will be asked to capture nature images and photos of event participants);
- Comfortable working outdoors;
- Experience using multiple social media platforms and live documenting events;
- Access to a computer with an internet connection;
- Access to photo and video editing software an asset;
- Access to a camera which uses an SD memory card (memory card will be provided) (a point and shoot camera will also be available for your use);
- Current police check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required;
- Access to a personal vehicle for travel to events.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
Perform the following tasks under general supervision;
- Participate in the training session on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 6 – 8pm;
- Participate in site safety orientations before each event;
- Greet participants, collect registration information and any required waivers or releases;
- Capture photographs and/or video of various themes that illustrate the event;
- Edit event photos and video;
- Organize event photographs;
- Enter survey data into Survey Monkey;
- Participate at a minimum of 4 events during this event season.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for training will be contacted.