SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Assist with outdoor environmental community events on weekends (and select weekdays, based on your availability) during the months of March – June 2019. Events will be located throughout the Greater Toronto Area and across the TRCA’s jurisdiction. Successful candidates must attend a volunteer training session and commit to volunteering for 4 events during this event season.
Date: Saturday March 23, 2019
Location: TBC - will be at a TTC accessible location
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Enjoy communicating with others.
- Environmental knowledge with a focus on local wildlife, native plants and environmental conservation an asset.
- Comfortable working outdoors in a team environment.
- Experience with community events.
- Interest in providing nature interpretation to the general public.
- Interest in gardening/planting trees.
- Familiarity with TRCA and its programs is an asset.
- Current police check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
- Access to a personal vehicle for travel to events.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Participate in the training session on Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Participate in site safety orientations before each event.
- Assist with the set-up of tables, tents and other event equipment.
- Greet participants, collect registration information and any required waivers or releases.
- Assist with planting demonstrations and nature interpretation at events.
- Engage event participants in interactive activities at an event booth (successful candidates will be trained to lead event activities).
- Assist with packing up tables, tents and other event equipment.
- Participate at a minimum of 4 events during this event season.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for training will be contacted.