Contract Duration: 5.5 months
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Cook will assist with the planning and implementation of food preparation and delivery at Bathurst Glen Golf Course. This position will ensure that all food preparations and presentations meet the department’s specifications and commitment to quality. The Cook is expected to maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through proper food handling techniques. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position and providing excellent customer and client service is crucial.
- Assist in the continued development of kitchen operations including, but not limited to: training and operational procedures for all equipment, daily checklists for cleaning and other general maintenance tasks to meet sanitation standards.
- Prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes; having regard at all times to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Place food and supply orders as directed.
- Receive products, verifying invoice and quality and freshness of products.
- Assist with the supervision and administration of food inventory control and ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food products as delivered.
- Operate a wide variety of industrial kitchen equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all kitchen spaces including workstations, fridges, freezers, and food storage spaces.
- Obtain daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and ensure food is prepared accordingly.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations, protocols and procedures are understood and enforced for safe handling, preparation and storage of food.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Secondary school education or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- 3 - 5 years’ progressive experience in a banquet and/or restaurant food service environment.
- Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Smart Serve certified or ability to obtain certification.
- Cash register experience an asset.
- Standard First Aid certification an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-061-19 prior to midnight on February 24, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.