SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Cook will assist with the planning and implementation of food preparation and delivery at Bruce's Mill CA during the Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival. Ensure that all food preparations and presentations meet the department’s specifications and commitment to quality. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through proper food handling techniques. Provide excellent customer and client service. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
This is a contract position, Candidates must be available to work from March 5th 2018 - Apr.8 2018, as business requires.
- 3 -5 years’ progressive experience in a banquet and/or restaurant food service environment.
- Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Cash register experience an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
- Standard First Aid certification an asset.
- Smart Serve Certification an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Assist in the continued development of kitchen operations including, but not limited to: training and operational procedures for all equipment, daily checklists for cleaning and other general maintenance tasks to meet sanitation standards.
- Prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes; having regard at all times to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Place food and supply orders as directed.
- Receive products, verifying invoice and quality and freshness of products.
- Assist with the supervision and administration of food inventory control and ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food products as delivered.
- Operate a wide variety of industrial kitchen equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all kitchen spaces including work stations, fridges, freezers, and food storage spaces.
- Obtain daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and ensure food is prepared accordingly.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations, protocols and procedures are understood and enforced for safe handling, preparation and storage of food.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.