Contract Duration: 12 months
Under the guidance of their Supervisor, the Coordinator – Education is responsible for the development and delivery of education programs within schools, TRCA facilities and designated outdoor spaces. In addition, this position will coordinate program resources.
- Teach at Lake St. George Field Centre (overnight or day programming).
- Deliver special programs such as certifications for Specialist High Skills Major and Innovation Creativity & Entrepreneurship.
- Utilizing educational expertise to support community engagement events.
- Work with other members of the teaching team to update and enhance lesson plans and delivery options and activities.
- Under the guidance of your Supervisor develop new programs and actively seek new delivery partnership models.
- Travel to teach at schools across Toronto, York, Durham and Peel Regions.
- Set up, load and unload and transport program equipment to your teaching site as needed.
- Field Centre facility and customer service responsibilities such as facilitating meal service and light cleaning
- Hosting non-program client groups
- Work with the other teaching staff to clean, repair and identify replacement of teaching equipment and supplies.
- Communicate equipment needs and costs to your supervisor on a regular basis.
- Post-secondary degree in Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, History, Geography or other related degree
- Bachelor of Education and Ontario College of Teachers certification
- Standard CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Low Ropes Training considered an asset
- Waterfront certifications (NLS, ORCKA, PCOC) considered an asset
- 2 years teaching experience within a school, camp, or outdoor education centre capacity
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication skills in all modes (presentation, written, verbal, email, etc.)
- Proficient with computers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Facilitation skills with diverse audience members
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-138-19 prior to midnight on April 23, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.