Under the direction of the Associate Director, Engineering Projects, the Coordinator II, Financial Services position is responsible for the coordination of all financial management activities for the Engineering Projects team, including direct support to the Associate Director relating to budgets and cost control. This position acts as the lead of the Financial Services team to ensure that financial tasks are completed accurately, efficiently, and in compliance with all policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 year College or business school diploma in accounting.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and general office administration.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of all typical financial documents such as purchase orders, payment requisitions, invoices, journal entries etc.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with standard computer software.
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of personalities in a constructive and positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain excellent stakeholder and client relationships.
- Leadership skills and ability to develop project teams and manage performance.
- Ability to work overtime when required to meet group and corporate deadlines.
- Valid Ontario Driver's License.
- Oversees the processing of invoices including reconciling discrepancies and assisting Project Managers with disputes.
- Schedules regular meetings with monitoring, project management, survey, engineering, construction services, water resources and planning ecology staff to confirm budgets, discuss year-to-date expenditures and other details.
- Maintain the master budget allocation spreadsheet up to date throughout the year for the Associate Director.
- Prepare invoices for clients on cost recoverable projects.
- Provides variance reports and participates in variance meetings as requested.
- Works with other budget coordinators and financial staff across the organization to ensure consistency in approach and compliance with TRCA policies and procedures.
- Reviews all staff timesheets to ensure correct account and corresponding task is used before submitted to approving supervisors, managers and Associate Director.
- Compiles the next year list of capital projects on the master budget allocation spreadsheet and populates the account code, available budget, estimated cost, and quarterly expenditures for ongoing tracking throughout the year
- Prepares forecast tables, preliminary budgets and other documents as required for the Associate Director to ensure the required information is available for budget submissions.
- Ensures all details related to capital and special projects are entered correctly into the cost control database.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.