*One year contract with possibility of extension*
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Responsible for the planning and delivery of land and trail management projects including; natural surface trails and trail infrastructure construction, hazard identification and mitigation programs, boundary securement and volunteer trail stewardship/action committees. Provide technical support to internal staff and external clients. Provide excellent customer and client services. Occupational Health and Safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- 3 years Post-secondary education in environmental planning, landscape or trail planning and design, resource management or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience related to the major tasks (specific experience in sustainable trail and infrastructure design and construction an asset);
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and implement projects;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and develop project budgets;
- Strong Analytical skill;
- Strong Computer and software skills – GIS, Excel, Databases and Word Processing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under direct supervision.
- Plan, secure design, permits and approvals and coordinate implementation trail construction projects as assigned including quality control and contractor oversight as needed.
- Lead the preparation of RFQs and RFPs following TRCA’s procurement process, including review and evaluation of bids and proposals.
- Ensure design and construction schedules and timelines in contract are adhered to.
- Conduct site visits including project start up, progress updates, contingency planning and close out.
- Work with other staff in overseeing and managing seasonal and fulltime staff.
- Assist with budget development, cost control and tracking of project budgets.
- Coordinate the resolution of encroachment and land management and issues on TRCA lands including communication with internal and external stakeholders and public.
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of infrastructure and hazard management databases for TRCA lands and trails.
- Identify and initiate preparation of proposals for non-traditional funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.