SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To provide support and assistance in the management of the Lakefill and Inland Fill Quality Control program. Provide technical expertise in the field of soil quality, contamination, remediation measures and disposal options. Provide daily field level inspections and monitoring of multiple soil and concrete generating sites including soil sampling to ensure adherence to municipal policies, procedures and by-laws, and compliance with provincial legislation. Overall, this position plays an integral role in ensuring quality standards associated with the TRCA fill management program is operating in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
- Post-secondary education in resource management, environmental or engineering science, or a related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in implementation tasks in areas of specialization. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in site remediation work and an understanding of the excavation industry. Professional Geologist, QP designation is an asset;
- Demonstrated daily worksite coordination, site supervision, and associated responsibilities;
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all relevant provincial and municipal laws, acts and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction plans and drawings;
- Excellent computer literacy skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database functions;
- Proven problem solving skills in dynamic site conditions;
- Current, valid Class G Driver’s License;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Review and evaluate environmental reports including Phase I & II ESA’s, geotechnical and soil characterization data in terms of soil suitability for reuse at various Lakefill and Inland fill sites. Recommend appropriate action to the Program Manager as required.
- Conduct onsite inspection of all fill generating sites to confirm soil quality criteria meets all regulatory standards.
- Coordinate soil delivery schedule with generating sites and TRCA receiving sites.
- Perform audit soil sampling for laboratory analysis at various TRCA project sites meeting MOECC sampling standards.
- Inspect soils delivered to TRCA sites for visual and olfactory signs of contamination. Perform on site testing for volatile organic compounds using PID (photo-ionization detector).
- Compile daily data associated with production rates, volume, soil quality data, and revenue.
- Produce analytical reports detailing the compiled data for distribution to MOECC and municipal partners as required.
- Undertake covert policing duties to ensure TRCA Bills of Lading are being utilized as prescribed.
- Hire and supervise contactors associated with underground storage tank removal, replacement and remediation on TRCA owned lands.
- Supervise contractors associated with soil placement on TRCA owned lands.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.