Contract Duration: 10 months
Assist in operation and maintenance of facilities. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Operate vehicles, tractors and other equipment to perform general maintenance such as trail maintenance, grass cutting, golf tee and putting green maintenance, garbage collection, and general housekeeping.
- Operate and carry out maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Provide information and superior customer service to visitors or interested members of the public.
- Provide leadership and direct seasonal staff with day to day duties, and ensure they are working in a safe manner, complying with Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Reconcile accounts and daily deposits, handle cash and other forms of payment, and work with computer systems efficiently.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years' experience in grounds, outdoor landscape, buildings and equipment maintenance; golf course maintenance expierence a strong asset.
- 2 years' group leadership experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
- Smart Serve & Food Handlers Certification an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled in the handling and operation of small equipment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills in all modes.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply now” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-016-19 prior to midnight on March 24, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.