Contract Duration: April - October
Assist in operation and maintenance of facilities. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years' experience in grounds, outdoor landscape, buildings and equipment maintenance; Golf Course Maintenance expierence a strong asset.
- Skilled in the handling and operation of small equipment.
- 2 years' group leadership experience.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills in all modes.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
- Smart Serve & Food Handlers Certification an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Operate vehicles, tractors and other equipment to perform general maintenance such as trail maintenance, grass cutting, Golf tee and putting green maintenance, garbage collection, and general housekeeping.
- Operate and carry out maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Provide information and superior customer service to visitors or interested members of the public.
- Provide leadership and direct seasonal staff with day to day duties, and ensure they are working in a safe manner, complying with Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Reconcile accounts and daily deposits, handle cash and other forms of payment, and work with computer systems efficiently.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.