Contract duration: 3 months (June to August 2020)
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Bruce’s Mill Conservation Area, the Crew Leader assists in coordinating the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Bruce’s Mill Conservation Area. The Crew Leader will complete general maintenance duties and identifies, reports and mitigates deficiencies. The Crew Leader aids in the successful delivery of daily programs and special events to ensure positive customer experiences. They work closely with the Supervisor and provides consistent updates on key operational processes as well as conditions of grounds, playing surfaces, equipment, and buildings.
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Operate vehicles, tractors and other equipment to perform general maintenance such as landscaping, grounds maintenance, garbage collection, repairs and general housekeeping.
- Provide direction to seasonal staff teams on day-to day-duties, and ensure all staff are working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide support to Supervisor for staff training and development.
- Carry out maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment and provide updates to Supervisor on facility conditions.
- Greet and engage with all visitors in a pleasant and helpful manner to provide exceptional visitor experiences; provide general guidance and resolve conflict as required/where possible.
- Communicate park rules and regulations to visitors.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and communicate details of facility programs, products, activities and events as well as other TRCA facilities, programs and services.
- Maintain and complete accurate records as required, including but not limited to inspection and maintenance records.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- Understand and follow responsible cash handling procedures as required.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- High school diploma an asset.
- 3 years of experience working in a general maintenance position required.
- Experience working at a park an asset.
- Cash handling experience.
- Experience working in a customer service position an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C Certification an asset.
- Valid Ontario G2 drivers’ licence required.
- Clearance of Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior customer service skills.
- Skilled in handling and operation of small equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- General computer skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions and meet deadlines.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-006-20 prior to midnight on February 9, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.