SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Under the general direction of the Supervisor and Lead Hand, and following established TRCA policies, procedures and guidelines, the Crew Leader, Equipment and Shop Maintenance is responsible for completing maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to all golf course equipment and various tools. This position will also assist in golf course operations and maintenance of facilities. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Minimum of three (3) years' related golf equipment maintenance experience required;
- Successful completion of a Golf Course Technician Certificate or Small Engines Certificate an asset;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot gasoline and diesel engine equipment;
- Working knowledge of fluid hydraulics, automotive electronics, gas and arc welding, fabrication of specialty tools;
- Experience with reel/rotary mower sharpening an asset;
- Knowledge of all applicable legislation and regulations including the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and record keeping skills;
- Ability to perform the manual requirements of the position;
- Participating knowledge of the game of golf and golf course etiquette;
- Group leadership experience;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Superior customer service skills;
- General computer skills;
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset;
- Valid Ontario "G" class Driver's License required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Safely operate and perform general maintenance and repairs on all golf course equipment: tractors, riding mowers, golf carts, etc.
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Keep all mowing equipment operable and properly sharpened.
- Complete and electronically file service records on all equipment.
- Maintain shop working area in a neat, orderly fashion and observe safe working conditions.
- Provide leadership and direct seasonal staff with day to day duties, and ensure they are working in a safe manner, complying with Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Work with Supervisory staff to provide equipment operation and safety training for all staff.
- Retain up-to-date training/certification requirements and keep informed of industry trends.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external clients and visitors.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- May be required to assist with mechanical maintenance at other TRCA facilities.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.