Number of Positions Available: 3 (1 Full-Time Permanent, 2 Full-Time Contracts - 1 Year Duration)
The Crew Leader position is responsible for the daily supervision of project sites, staff and maintenance of vehicles and equipment while providing support, technical expertise and leadership in the construction of restoration plans across the TRCA jurisdiction. Overall, this position plays an integral role in the implementation and construction of restoration projects including wetlands, streams, shoreline enhancements, forests, meadows, and storm water management. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in resource management, restoration ecology, environmental sciences, fish and wildlife management or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience related to major tasks.
- Knowledge of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, fish and wildlife and habitat requirements, Environmental regulatory legislation, project management and implementation.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Effective problem solving skills and leadership skills including staff supervision, coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Skilled in the operation of small machinery and construction equipment.
- Computer proficiency with software experience (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, ArcMap).
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Assist with the implementation of habitat creation and restoration projects.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of biophysical information including habitat assessments and restoration opportunities.
- Assist with supervision of field activities and training of seasonal staff.
- Operate and maintain general equipment, small construction equipment and biological sampling equipment.
- Purchase relevant equipment and materials as needed.
- Liaise with the general public, landowners and staff of other agencies as required.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.