SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Dishwasher maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen. They are responsible for the operation and coordination of ware washing, glassware, and silverware. Responsible for supplying the Food and Beverage services department with clean and sanitary equipment with which to service the guests. In addition, they will assist the cooks and/or chef with preparation of food items. This position is ideal for a person thinking about starting a career in the culinary industry. A love of food and a passion for learning is an asset for the successful candidate.
- 1 year experience in food service environment an asset;
- Food Handlers Certificate an asset;
- Standard First Aid certification an asset;
- Smart Serve Certification an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep or scrub floors as required.
- Clean food preparation areas, facilities, or equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of food as directed by Chef.
- Receive and store supplies or goods in kitchens or storage areas.
- Clean garbage cans as required.
- Display a friendly and courteous attitude towards clients and fellow staff at all times.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.