SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Deliver a variety of hands on environmental, cultural, recreational and renewable energy programs to mainly early year’s children as well as occasionally to school groups, camp groups, corporate groups and the general public.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Knowledge of natural history and environmentally related disciplines;
- Two years’ experience working with pre-school aged children in a group setting;
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team;
- Must have own reliable transportation as limited public transit available to camp location;
- Standard First Aid certification required;
- Registered Early Childhood Educator required;
- Forest School practitioner, Ontario Certified Teacher or related certificate an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Develop and lead interactive and engaging environmental education programs for children from age 1 - 10.
- Instruct Kortright programs to groups of all ages, 12 months of the year, on an as needed basis.
- Deliver programs for youth groups, birthday party groups, corporate groups and special events on weekends and evenings as needed.
- Learn program information and participate in regular professional training sessions to ensure the highest quality of program presentation and delivery.
- Maintain, clean and properly store all program supplies and equipment as required.
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times.
- Participate in brainstorming and other creative processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This position will be working part time most weekends with occasional weekday work including training days on weekdays.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.