Multiple Contract Positions Available:
- 3 Month Contract: April 9 - June 22 - Possibility of Extension
- 8 Month Contract: April 9 - December 7 - Possibility of Extension
- 9741 Canada Company Avenue. Woodbridge, ON
- 9755 Canada Company Avenue. Woodbridge, ON
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To provide general labour assistance in a dynamic team environment with the implementation of restoration and resource management field projects, including tree planting and reforestation, forest management, restoration/landscape construction, and habitat restoration and infrastructure programs and projects. Candidates will be exposed to the care and handling of plant materials, tree identification, current techniques and best management practices in forestry and restoration/landscape construction, and the safe operation and maintenance of a wide range of tools and landscape construction equipment. Provide excellent client and customer service. Occupational health and safety is a condition of employment.
- Post-secondary education in resource management, restoration ecology, forestry, environmental and/or engineering science, landscape and/or horticultural design or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Knowledge of restoration ecology, aquatic, and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude for outdoor activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of native plants and their habitats.
- Familiarity with farm and construction equipment, including small tools and larger machinery an asset.
- Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Chainsaw experience is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license. Class A (R) license/Trailer experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under direct supervision:
- Assist with the implementation of hand and machine tree planting programs with a focus on reforestation, riparian, and habitat enhancement projects, softscaping of environmental landscape construction projects, and post-planting care and maintenance.
- Assist with the implementation of shoreline, wetland, and stream habitat restoration and infrastructure construction projects, land care maintenance programs including the creation of regional trails, fencing, kiosk and boardwalk construction.
- Assist with the implementation of forestry programs including stand tending, forest inventory and data collection, hazard tree monitoring and removal, and access and firebreak maintenance projects.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the tools and equipment required of each program.
- Participate in the maintenance of a safe, clean work environment through application of good housekeeping practices and in compliance with the TRCA Health and Safety Policies and all relevant Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.