Number of positions: 7
- April 15 to August 30 - 1 position
- May 21 to August 30 - 6 positions
Under supervision, collect fish, invertebrate, water quality, stream flow, and geomorphological data in support of the TRCA’s Regional Watershed Monitoring Program and other projects. Data collection includes use of electrofishing gear, surveying equipment, multi-parameter water quality probes etc. Health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Perform the following tasks under supervision:
- Conduct field inventories using specific protocols.
- Operate sampling equipment.
- Entry and manipulation of data in spreadsheet and database formats.
- Work safely.
- Provide excellent customer and client service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, resource management or a related field.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle and identify, fish and invertebrate species found in the Toronto area.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Familiarity with biological sampling equipment, including backpack electrofishing units, and environmental monitoring instruments.
- Familiarity with Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol(OSAP) and Ontario Benthic Biomonitoring Network (OBBN) (certification an asset).
- Familiarity with surveying equipment, water quality sampling, stream flow discharge measurements, and logger installation an asset.
- Ability and comfort working in, on and around water.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-085-19 prior to midnight on April 11, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews.
Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs.