Under the direction of the Supervisor, Food Services, this position is responsible for the comprehensive delivery of food service (three meals per day plus snacks) for the Field Centre, which offers educational programs for youth and adults, weekdays and weekends throughout the calendar year.
Responsibilities include the control, preparation and cooking of the meals; the purchasing and inventory control of all food service; budget monitoring; and provide meal service and provision with excellent customer and client service.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food service.
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Food Handers Certificate required.
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR required.
- Experience in leading and supervisory of a food service team.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment.
- Understanding of basic hygiene, sanitation and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to multitask and use time effectively.
- Computer Skills required; fluency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Valid Driver’s License and use of vehicle.
- Supervision of the daily activities of the food service, to ensure that all protocols and procedures are followed. (i.e. product prepared on time, items available for service as needed).
- Train, coach and support food service staff on their daily responsibilities.
- Preparation and cooking of meals according to approved menus and recipes; having regards at all times, to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Ensure daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and prepare food accordingly. Speak directly with staff leading each meal to ensure all needs are accommodated.
- Display a friendly and courteous attitude towards clients and fellow staff at all times.
- Ensure work station is kept clean and sanitized in accordance with established Field Centre protocols and procedures, including all kitchen surfaces, serving utensils, floors and appliances.
- Participate with facility inspections on arrival of the Peel Region Health Department and provide Supervisor, Food Services with copies of all reports.
- Administration duties will involve meal count tracking, scanning of documents, planning client’s menu requests and petty cash reimbursements on a regular basis and provide Field Centre, Food Service Supervisor with all documentation required on a day to day basis, in a disciplined and timely fashion.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of the food service facility through control of inventories, purchasing, proper storage of the food product on delivery and controlling labor costs; by following the approved menus and guidelines to accommodate clients request and manage food waste.
- Prepare the schedules for all staffing needs, completes payroll entries, staff expenses and provide copy to all staff, as well as field centre, food service supervisor, bi-weekly.
- Purchasing of supplies requires orders to be created, place orders with approved suppliers and received for all purchases of the food, paper and cleaning supplies for the set menus according to the client’s needs, on a weekly basis.
- Participate with staff hiring, training.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.