Contract Duration: 4 Month Contract Position
To provide support and assistance to the Environmental Assessment (EA) Planning team in the reporting of appropriate corporate interests related to applications made pursuant to the TRCA - Development Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation and related program activities; and to provide effective project management and service delivery. To provide and maintain excellent customer service.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary university education program with a focus on land use planning, environmental planning or a related field.
- Knowledge of the Conservation Authority Act and Regulations, Ontario Environmental Assessment Act and Planning Act and preferable.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction plans and drawings an asset.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Assist the team with managing the review and administration of minor permit applications and responding to general inquiries made under the Conservation Authorities Act, ensuring corporate interests related to The Living City Policies, Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alternations to Shorelines and Watercourse Regulation.
- Under the direction of the EA Planning team, manage and review minor permit applications and environmental reports to identify where Authority policy and program interests are affected and report appropriate action.
- Screen applications, coordinate internal review of applications with technical staff, draft planning comments, draft detailed correspondence to applicants based on planning and technical recommendations, and maintain up to date information in the EA Mapping Database.
- Draft Executive Committee reports for minor permit applications which ensure effective communication of corporate interests for applications made pursuant to Ontario Regulations. Attend board meetings if required.
- Provide support to Environmental Assessment Planning team to coordinate planning and regulation program activities as required.
- Maintain effective client relations, including attending meetings and site visits with planning and technical staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.