Number of positions: 2
Contract Curation: 8 weeks
Under the supervision of the Manager, Information Systems, the IT Summer Student will work in partnership with the IT Technologists and IT Technicians in implementing and supporting computer networks and corporate telecommunications systems. This position may assist with IT systems training to users on an Authority wide basis. The Summer Student will troubleshoot technical issues related to PC’s, Laptops and peripherals, and maintain inventories of IT equipment and systems.
This position participates in the Summer Jobs Program. You must meet all eligibility criteria on the first day of employment to be eligible for these positions. This position is for up to 8 weeks finishing August 30th, 2019.
Student Status: All summer jobs require a “student” status. A student is defined as someone enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution (currently or for the fall semester). Proof of student enrollment must be provided.
Age: You must be a minimum of 15 years of age. Due to program eligibility requirements, certain opportunities require students to be up to 25 years of age (or up to 29 years of age for a person with a disability). You must meet all age requirements for the position by June 28th, 2019.
Residency: You must be a resident of Ontario during the term of employment.
Work Status – Ability to Work in Canada: You much be legally entitled to work in Canada. You are also required to have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) upon being hired.
- Completion and maintenance of detailed inventories of IT assets across organization.
- Update inventory with newly acquired hardware and decommissioned hardware.
- Use inventory and asset management tools to track and monitor inventories to assist in asset replacement and upgrades.
- Provide organizational technical support through the ITM Service Desk.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting, and developing technical solutions supporting IT infrastructure from the PC and peripheral level to servers and switches.
- Provide technical support for all TRCA software systems including, business applications, communications and staff support systems.
- Responsible for the preparation and deployment of TRCA computers and laptops, peripheral devices and printers. Develop imaging and standard deployment strategies to ensure TRCA staff are supplied with all the software tools required in a cost effective manner.
- Provide direct support of IT needs for several satellite offices (travel with other office staff to various office locations).
- Administration support for TRCA’s email and related communication systems.
- Provide technical support for system upgrades security and user account management as it relates to email and messaging services.
- Currently enrolled in a Degree/Diploma program for Computer studies or related discipline
- Six (6) months of experience related to major tasks is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent customer service skills and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience working in Microsoft Suite, Lotus, and Sharepoint.
- Excellent time management skills and analytical acumen
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-190-19 prior to midnight on June 26, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.