*1 Year Contract Position, possibility of conversion to a Full-Time Position*
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The TRCA is looking to expand its data management team to support new and ongoing development projects. This role works closely with TRCA researchers and analysts to assist in developing data analytics tools and data management systems to support key business functions. The position is offered as a 12-month contract; however there is the potential for conversion to a full time, permanent position.
The primary duties of this role are to assist with the development and administration a wide range of monitoring and environmental data driven applications. Assist with providing project management support, database design, application development, data conversion and integration for existing and new database application initiatives.
This position works under direct supervision of the Senior Analyst.
- Four year University degree in Software Development, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- 1-2 years of experience in web and data-driven application development lifecycle processes; including back-end and front-end development and basic requirements gathering;
- Familiarity with development using a Microsoft stack (Windows / IIS / MSSQL / .Net), including Visual Studio IDEs;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office; specifically with MS Access and MS Excel;
- Familiarity with VBA, R, Python, and working in linux environments are an asset;
- Excellent project management and time management skills, oral, written and analytical acumen;
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Provide programming services to support both the development of custom browser based applications and troubleshooting, modification, and enhancement of existing .NET applications.
- Assist in developing complex SQL queries and stored procedures to support data mining, extracting, and analysis processes.
- Development and enhancement of web services; including consuming existing web services.
- Produce clear user manuals and technical documentation to support new tools and applications.
- Provide ongoing technical support and training for existing and new tools and applications.
- Assist with requirements gathering for new projects.
- Provide services to support data ETL processes and data provisioning to clients and staff.
- Develop specialized tools, scripts and calculators to support operational procedures and workflow automation.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.