Contract Duration: March 4, 2019 - April 12, 2019
Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals according to menu plans. Ensure that all food preparation and presentation meet the Chef’s standards and specifications. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through proper food handling techniques. This position is for someone that has a love of food and a passion for learning.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Completion or enrolment in cooking/food service courses or certificate program.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a high-volume food service business.
- Food Handlers Certificate an asset.
- Standard First Aid certification an asset.
- Smart Serve Certification an asset.
- To produce products as instructed by the Chef.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation.
- Ensure a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchen.
- Abide to all hygiene/safety procedures.
- Monitor kitchen maintenance and report any defects of operating equipment to Chef.
- Report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to direct supervisors.
- Correctly date and store food, sanitize equipment and take other measures to ensure integrity and quality of food products.
- Use equipment skillfully by following correct safe procedures e.g. knives, machines.
- Maintain positive relations with other staff and departments.
- Capable to perform repetitive duties.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by direct supervisors.
- Washing and storage of cooking and serving dishes.
- Cleaning of kitchen surfaces, equipment and floors.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply now” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-020-19 prior to midnight on February 15, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.