SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Participate in the water safety program of a TRCA aquatic facility. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Be the holder of a valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certificate that is 565 approved. (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John’s Ambulance);
- Be the holder of the current lifeguard certificate (National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate) that is dated not more than 2 years prior to the date on which he or she is acting as a lifeguard;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills in all modes;
- Superior customer service skills.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Participate in ‘in-service’ training programs.
- Participate in Procedures for Emergency Rescues.
- Keep accurate records of personal injuries to visitors, lost and found property, missing persons, shift time schedules, report of swimming incidents and any other forms required by the Supervisor.
- Inspect/test equipment daily, complete records and correct deficiencies immediately.
- Participate in guarding routine, rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and general maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned within the Conservation Area.