Contract Duration: 4 months
The Lifeguard will participate in the water safety program of a TRCA aquatic facility; and deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position. Applicants must be flexible to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Participate in all ‘in-service’ training programs;
- Participate in Procedures for Emergency Rescues;
- Keep accurate records of personal injuries to visitors, lost and found property, missing persons, shift time schedules, report of swimming incidents and any other forms and reports as required;
- Inspect/test pool and as required, complete records and correct deficiencies immediately;
- Participate in guarding routine, rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and other general lifeguarding duties;
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings, grounds, facilities and work areas; perform general maintenance duties as required;
- Other duties may be assigned within the Conservation Area;
- Must be able to understand and apply admission standards, and cash handling;
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions;
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent education;
- Previous lifeguard experience;
- Must hold a valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certificate that is 565 approved (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John’s Ambulance);
- Must hold a current lifeguard certification (National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate);
- Certifications must be valid throughout the entire operating season.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills;
- Superior customer service skills;
- General computer skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-131-19 .
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.