SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Participate in the water safety program of a TRCA aquatic facility. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Must hold a valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certificate that is 565 approved. (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John’s Ambulance);
- Must hold a current lifeguard certification (National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate);
- Certifications must be valid throughout the entire operating season (expiry cannot be prior to September 4, 2017);
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills in all modes;
- Superior customer service skills;
- General computer skills.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Participate in ‘in-service’ training programs.
- Participate in Procedures for Emergency Rescues.
- Keep accurate records of personal injuries to visitors, lost and found property, missing persons, shift time schedules, report of swimming incidents and any other forms and reports as required.
- Inspect/test equipment daily, complete records and correct deficiencies immediately.
- Participate in guarding routine, rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and other general lifeguarding duties.
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings, grounds, facilities and work areas; perform general maintenance duties as required.
- Other duties may be assigned within the Conservation Area.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.