Participate in the water safety program of a TRCA aquatic facility. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certificate that is 565 approved. (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John’s Ambulance).
- Must hold a current lifeguard certification (National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate).
- Certifications must be valid throughout the entire operating season (expiry cannot be prior to September 4, 2017).
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills in all modes.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Participate in ‘in-service’ training programs.
- Participate in Procedures for Emergency Rescues.
- Keep accurate records of personal injuries to visitors, lost and found property, missing persons, shift time schedules, report of swimming incidents and any other forms and reports as required.
- Inspect/test equipment daily, complete records and correct deficiencies immediately.
- Participate in guarding routine, rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and other general lifeguarding duties.
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings, grounds, facilities and work areas; perform general maintenance duties as required.
- Other duties may be assigned within the Conservation Area.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.