SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Since 1993 people have been paddling through the heart of Canada’s largest urban region to raise awareness for the ongoing protection and conservation of the Don River, and the important role that the river represents for the Toronto region. We are looking for interested and enthusiastic volunteers to help make this event run smoothly by providing assistance and customer service to both staff and the public during the event. Perform general tasks such as greeting participants and answering questions related to the event, crowd control, retail assistance, cleaning, setup and take down, etc. as assigned. The event takes place on Sunday, May 5, 2018. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 3 hours. For more information about the event see: www.paddlethedon.ca
A) Launch – E.T. Seton Park (Ontario Science Centre area)
Volunteer time 6:30 am – 1:30 pm (minimum of 3 hours required)
B) Landing Site – Corktown Common (155 Bayview Avenue)
Volunteer time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (minimum of 3 hours required)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interest in outdoors and environmental programs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with community events.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
EXAMPLES OF ROLES:
- Assist with the set up and take down of event supplies and equipment.
- Assist corporate groups with registration.
- Assist caterers with setup and service delivery at Landing Party location.
- Greet participants in a friendly matter and assist with event flow of traffic.
For mor information or to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred volunteer time (A or B), a blurb about yourself, and a summary of your past work/volunteer experience.