SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To lead nature interpretive walks at Tommy Thompson Park. The successful candidate will be required to do vulnerable sector screening.
- Knowledge of the ecology and flora/fauna of the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario.
- Experience in public engagement or public education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Tommy Thompson Park history, programs and projects an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Deliver nature based interpretive programs including walks, for a variety of ages.
- Assist with any inquiries and provide information about Tommy Thompson Park to visitors in a tactful and professional manner.
- Engage visitors of varying backgrounds including long-time visitors, New Canadians, young families, and nature enthusiasts.
- Assist the Weekend Site Attendant in collecting visitor feedback or suggestions for other kinds of park improvements.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Typical shift expected to be approximately 2 – 4 ,hours, with 1 - 2 shifts per month.
- Minimum 1 year commitment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.