SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Anticipated Start Date: April - pending schedule
Volunteers are needed to lead nature interpretive walks at Tommy Thompson Park. A typical shift is expected to be approximately 2 - 4 hours, with 1 - 2 shifts per month. A minimum 1 year commitment is required. Please note, successful candidates will be required to obtain Vulnerable Sector Screening clearance.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the ecology and flora/fauna- particularly birds- of the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario;
- Experience in public engagement or public education;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Understanding of Tommy Thompson Park history, programs and projects an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Deliver nature based interpretive programs including walks, for a variety of ages.
- Assist with any inquiries and provide information about Tommy Thompson Park to visitors in a tactful and professional manner.
- Engage visitors of varying backgrounds including long-time visitors, New Canadians, young families, and nature enthusiasts.
- Assist the Weekend Site Attendant in collecting visitor feedback or suggestions for other kinds of park improvements.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applicants should indicate a start date and availability in their cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We value the expertise and diversity of our people.