SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
To provide support and assistance in the review of development proposals and applications submitted under the Planning Act and the Conservation Authorities Act, and TRCA’s Regulation; provide effective project management and service delivery; Provide excellent customer and client service. The role is specific to review of applications within the Region of York.
- Post secondary education in land use or environmental planning or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Planning recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners. Graduate level an asset;
- Detailed knowledge of the Planning Act and the Conservation Authorities Act and regulations preferred;
- 5 years municipal and/or environmental planning experience and applied computer knowledge;
- Excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Supervisory skills;
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and drawings. A background in site planning or landscape architecture an asset;
- Membership in Ontario Professional Planners Institute, or eligibility, an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Evaluate municipal planning and development applications, documents and studies and identify how they are affected by Authority regulations, policy and program interests. Recommend appropriate action to the Senior Planner and/or Senior Manager as required. Respond to property enquiries and development enquiries by property owners and other clients as they relate to Planning Act and the Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation and other program interests.
- Review planning and permit applications and recommend appropriate action to the Senior Planner and/or Senior Manager; prepare maps, reports, etc. pertaining to planning and permit submissions. Inspect and evaluate site conditions associated with the review of applications.
- Assist with the supervision of Assistant Planner and Planner I.
- Provide excellent oral and written communications and develop and maintain effective client services.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.