SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Business Development and Special Projects, the Project Coordinator provides divisional and project management support to ensure optimal project outputs and ongoing adherence to corporate policies and procedures. This position provides support to project leads throughout all aspects of the project lifecycle, from preparing tender documents and business planning to project scheduling and cost control. Additionally, s/he completes contract and project administration activities, and ensures ongoing compliance with corporate policies and procedures as well as externally regulated standards. Along with these project-focused responsibilities, this person carries out divisional risk management programs, and serves as a key divisional resource s/he guides all staff in the proper execution of procurements, agreements, and contracts.
- Minimum three (3) year college diploma in recreation, resource management, business management or equivalent;
- Project Management Certificate preferred;
- Certified Playground Inspector preferred;
- Three (3) years of experience related to major tasks;
- Experience with scheduling and cost control for projects;
- Demonstrated familiarity with contract administration and management practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of key project management principles, including budgeting, scheduling, cost control, risk management, and quality management;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects, manage timelines, and show great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required;
- Valid Ontario Driver's License (Class G).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of procurement and contract procedures for high-value annual contracts and services. Ensures ongoing compliance with corporate standards and ethical practices.
- Assists in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFQs, RFPs, tenders, budgets, preliminary schedules, and contracts.
- Responsible for day-to-day project coordination for capital projects ranging from service infrastructure upgrades to recreation facilities repair to building renovations. Carries out project coordination duties throughout the project lifecycle to track and manage project deliverables.
- Serves as a reviewer for all divisional contracts and agreements. Liaises with staff and vendors to ensure accuracy and completion of required information.
- Provides direction to Parks and Culture staff in the procurement of low risk goods and services. Outlines formal or informal procurement methods as well as procedures for issuing contracts. Coordinates with suppliers to ensure the timely and complete delivery of goods.
- Investigates complaints from staff and suppliers and mediates disputes or discrepancies regarding the delivery of goods/services. Ensures adherence to contractual obligations throughout the purchasing process.
- Participates in the business plan development process for Parks and Culture programs and initiatives, including conducting research, analyzing and preparing financial information, writing and reviewing content.
- Provides general administrative and project monitoring support to the Project Lead throughout project lifecycle, including keeping minutes, maintaining project records, issuing contracts and project communications.
- Manages the Parks and Culture children’s playground equipment inspection program. Conducts monthly playground audits and safety inspections to ensure compliance and safety with industry standards. Communicates issues with staff and coordinates with contractors to repair any deficiencies.
- Conducts Parks and Culture emergency preparedness audits. Executes monthly in-park audits, develops reports and makes recommendations based on the emergency preparedness standard operating procedures.
- Conducts the annual standard operating procedures and lifeguard manual review. Consults with staff regarding issues and opportunities for improvement, drafts amendments, and updates files in the corporate database.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as requested.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.