SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Construction Project Manager, Major Contracts in the Project Management Office provides construction related project management services in the planning, design and implementation of building and infrastructure projects. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Construction Project Manager will be responsible for the preparation of Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quotation (RFQ)/Tender packages to retain consultants/contractors to carryout construction related activities necessary to achieve project deliverables. Projects include roads, trails, bridges, building assessment and renovations, site servicing, and erosion and slope stabilization works for both corporate and external partners. Heavy emphasis is placed on the production and control of project and contract documentation to ensure contract conformance, quality assurance and quality control during construction. The Construction Project Manager will also ensure site operations abide by the Ontario Health and Safety Act and are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent in construction management or engineering discipline;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in managing projects;
- Proven track record of successful schedule and cost control;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate and familiar with project management software;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Valid Ontario Driver's License;
- Canadian Construction Association Contract Administration Certification (Asset);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalency(Asset);
- Gold Seal Certification: The Construction Institute of Canada (Asset).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Provide project management services in support of project leads of construction projects, which may include oversight by a Senior Project Manager or Senior Manager.
- Act as construction project manager for discrete phases or components of larger projects (procurement tenders/construction management) or take lead role and manage oversight of subsidiary construction activities.
- Create Project Plans with consideration for scope, deliverables, resources, schedule, cost, risks, quality, project monitoring, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure project compliance with all environmental and engineering standards, corporate policies, and regulatory approvals as it relates to construction site activities.
- Develop and maintain overall project budgets, schedules, deliverables tracking, risk management, and contingency planning.
- Facilitate the procurement of goods and services in support of project planning and delivery.
- Facilitate all aspects of contract management and administration for construction assignments associated with projects.
- Enforce Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations when warranted to protect TRCA staff and the public.
- Administer contract inspections as per the prescribed inspection schedule with proper documentation and photographs.
- Support TRCA staff, partner staff, and consultant needs to assist in the implementation of the Consultation Program as required from a construction perspective.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.