Contract Duration: till end of operating season (October 2019)
- Landscape and Maintenance
- Gatehouse Attendant / Cashier and Customer Service
- Snack Bar Attendant
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Provide assistance and customer service to the public and perform general maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Greet and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of monies collected.
- Operate POS and computer systems proficiently.
- Maintain cleanliness of public buildings, washrooms, grounds, facilities, work areas, and other general maintenance duties as required.
- Assist with inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
- Complete records and reports as required.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Participate in all required online and onsite training.
- Follow all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent education;
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset;
- Food Handlers Certification an asset;
- Valid Ontario G2 or higher driver’s license is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- General computer skills;
- Skilled in handling and operation of small equipment;
- Conflict resolution, de-escalation, and problem solving skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-126-19 .
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.