Under the general guidance and direction of the Associate Director, Property and Risk Management, the Senior Property Agent is responsible for the strategic and day to day management of TRCA owned and managed lands and real estate assets. Specifically, this position provides oversight of TRCA acquisitions and disposals and the coordination and negotiation of transactions, contracts and management agreements. In particular, the Senior Property Agent will generally be responsible for managing priority transactions that are contentious, complex or political in nature. The role also encompasses the management of external consultants including but not limited to legal, survey, appraisal, environmental and construction professionals. This position’s objective is to ensure that senior leadership are apprised of ongoing negotiations, environmental conditions, and risks relating to ongoing operations, policies and processes along with appropriate recommendations. This position supervises the timely delivery of transactions with constant internal and external relationship management as well as resolution and planning of ongoing land administration maintenance programs on a daily basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in real estate, appraisal, planning, law or related disciplines.
- Real Estate Brokerage Certification, Appraisal Institute Certification, SR/WA Designation or Project Management Certification an asset.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience related to real estate, appraisal, planning, legal.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret legislation applicable to areas under review and to ascertain compliance.
- Advanced project management, time management, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate on opportunities and creatively problem solve.
- Strong analytical skills in defining issues, creating innovative processes.
- Excellent communication skills, human resources management, negotiation and project management skills.
- Valid Ontario "G" class driver’s license.
- Supervise and undertake land acquisition and management programs and projects as set out in the property and risk management work plan.
- Initiate and participate in community and fundraising activities related to land acquisition and management.
- Initiate and develop effective relationships with partners and agencies, ensuring engagement, cooperation and collaboration necessary to fulfill project objectives, manage expectations, and influence outcomes through timely and multi-layered transactions.
- Maintain regular and direct involvement, including taking on a leadership role where appropriate, in corporate projects and high priority objectives.
- Oversee negotiation and preparation of agreements and leases relating to initiatives to manage, maintain, renovate, update or re-purpose existing or potential TRCA assets.
- Advise and make recommendations to senior management on opportunities and risks associated with ongoing initiatives or programs.
- Implement program requirements and oversee wide variety of internal and external asset use and management.
- Ensure compliance and conformity with internal policies and external regulations and requirements. Lead ongoing review and update of existing internal polices including but not limited to Encroachment, Land Sale, Contaminated sites etc.
- Identify methods for acquiring ongoing funding and establish land acquisition and management policy, strategies, timelines.
- Direct and/or oversee the coordination of external contract work activities within the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required in accordance with departmental, divisional and/or corporate objectives.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.